How to gain weight and volume in the legs?
Before starting with the training to grow the muscles in the legs, we must become aware of the effort and perseverance that we will need.
To obtain results, first of all, we will need discipline and a diet rich in proteins. This is the key binomial when it comes to exercising regularly. We all need to be consistent and learn to expand the threshold of resistance in terms of physical effort.
Here are the 5 Exercises To Firm Your Legs
A mandatory exercise to strengthen the hips and tone the legs are the thrusts. Although it seems like a simple exercise with the naked eye, it really is not. They suppose very high wear of energy and, if they are carried out of incorrect form, they carry a certain risk of suffering an injury in the articulations.
The lunges work for several muscle groups at the same time. Though, it is essential to train with other exercise variants to be able to work different parts of the body and get true results.
Practice this in about 3 repetitions of 10 and then you can increase to improve results as time goes on.
Cycling is one of the hardest sports in the world. At first glance, we can pay attention to the great muscles, not of volume but of strength, of these cyclists. in another world, cycling, in any of its variants, is a perfect method to tone and strengthen the legs.
In addition, the bicycle not only works the lower part of the body. We also strengthen the lumbar, pectoral and shoulders. At the same time, it helps to avoid bone injuries, arthritis, improves blood circulation, reduces cholesterol levels and strengthens the heart.
3. Squats with bar
This exercise is perfect to enhance the muscles in the legs. However, they are great for growing muscle in a short time and gain strength. In this exercise, the following muscles are worked: quadriceps, buttocks, femoral muscles, adductors, calves and back.
It is convenient that the weight with which we work is gradual to our progress. Otherwise, injuries to the back and joints may occur. To obtain good results it is advisable to learn how to do the exercise well:
- Separate the feet at the same distance from the shoulders.
- Contract the abdomen.
- Go down with a slight backward movement.
- Do not arch your back.
- Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions and over time increases this amount.
4. Scissor jumps
This exercise consists of jumping with the legs together and open them in the air while we give a pat with hands above the head. It is a very simple exercise.
- To increase strength, endurance, and aerobic capacity, ankle weights can be used.
- It is recommended that the load always be progressive. In fact, it’s no use starting with weights that can hurt us.
- At first, try and make 3 sets of 5 repetitions and increase with time.
5. Specific calves
To show off well-defined calves we can practice the following exercise:
- Take some dumbbells with an appropriate weight for us.
- Separate the legs at the same distance from the shoulders.
- Lift your heels and stand on tiptoe for 25 seconds.
- We can perform 4 sets of 10 repetitions, and increase the weight of the dumbbells.
- Moderate pain in the calves will indicate that we are doing the exercise well.
- To start with, we auto always warm up the muscles and this shouldn’t last for more than 10 minutes.
- In order for the muscle to grow, it is essential to stretch before and after the session.
- The intensity must always be gradual. We must not work beyond our means. In fact, we can suffer serious injuries with minor oversights.
- Whatever you do, do it well. Take your time, and do not rush to get immediate results. Try to always ask the gym monitor and, Notwithstanding, be consistent in your doing.