Although, losing weight should be an objective that we can achieve by changing harmful habits for more beneficial ones, progressively and, above all, without going hungry .
Here are 5 best tips to lose weight with common sense, enjoying the food , learning to eat differently and discovering an infinity of possibilities.
1. Learning to eat
Many people with difficulties to lose weight usually have high levels of anxiety and a bad relationship with food.
Eating is also a learning that we always have time to repeat , so that it goes from being a frustrating moment to a pleasant act among many others.
Learning to eat is based on the following points:
- Serve only the ration that we want to eat.
- Chew and taste food well.
- Eat without haste and without distractions.
- Avoid important conversations during the meal.
- Eat outside the work environment, whenever possible.
- Do not fill up on every meal. The ideal is to always stay at 80%, that moment in which we could still eat a little more but, if we wait a few minutes, it leaves us satisfied and energized.
2. Choose food well
We must stop counting calories, since it is an obsolete system to lose weight that only stresses the body.
What we should do is to choose natural and unprocessed foods , which are very nutritious so that they contribute to our body what we need and we can feel in a good mood, sated and with energy without abusing the food.
We can eat some fat-rich foods , in moderation, as these will speed up our metabolism and help us burn more energy.
Highly recommended foods:
- Fruits and vegetables, fresh and cooked, in salads, juices, smoothies, etc.
- Whole grains such as oats, rice, millet or quinoa .
- Nuts and seeds.
- Healthy fats such as avocado or ghee (clarified butter).
- Ecological or good quality animal protein: meat, fish, egg.
3. Do not go hungry
This first of the tips to lose weight is much more important than we think, because it will ensure the success of our purpose.
Going hungry is a torture to which we submit to our body and which, later on, will take its toll.
Suppressing ourselves at mealtime when our body asks us to do so will create a constant anxiety that will cause us to end up eating more and worse at other times.
Therefore, it is much more effective to “cheat the stomach” when we feel the urge to eat:
- Drinking water : in many cases we confuse the two needs and we can see how hunger disappears when drinking a glass of water.
- Take an infusion : a piece of fruit or a handful of nuts, toasted and without salt.
- Concentrate on other tasks or activities : without the intention to repress us, but to leave the food for later.
4. Lose weight slowly but surely
Do not obsess about losing weight and, much less, if it is a goal that you drag on all your life.
You will have to make important changes in your way of eating so that it is not a sacrificed and temporary diet, but a learning to eat in a healthier way and that, in addition, you enjoy doing it.
In this case, Everything is not about days to lose weight and days of exceptions.
It consists in changing the habits that harm you for others that benefit you, finding recipes that you like and replacing the most harmful temptations with healthier ones.
5. Avoid what increases appetite
We must be very careful with the foods that increase our appetite artificially, which are three:
- White sugar .
- Refined salt.
- Monosodium glutamate.
If we look at the ingredients of the most common snacks in supermarkets, we can see large quantities of these three products with addictive properties: stuffed olives, fried nuts, chips, cookies, etc.
When we start eating them, we will notice that they are very tasty and that it is very difficult for us to stop eating them .