These simply baked egg breakfast muffins seem to be all the rage right now. one thing I like about this muffins is that is great a way to cut off on your the carbs intake by getting rid of toast or English muffins! It’s very delicious and we’ve added veggies and used Canadian bacon to the recipes.
These egg breakfast muffins can also be prepared ahead and reheated as a quick breakfast on busy mornings. They are an excellent source of protein and will keep you full and satisfied at all time in the morning.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices of diced Canadian bacon (pre-cooked and nitrate-free)
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup of onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of grated low fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly oil a 6-cup muffin tin with vegetable or coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, Canadian bacon, red bell pepper, onion, and sharp cheddar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the batter between 6 muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are puffy and set.
If you enjoyed this post on Bacon & Egg Low Carb Breakfast Muffins or have any questions, please leave a comment below and don’t forget to like and share.