Orange has always been my best fruit and mixing it with carrot and smoothie taste yummy. This smoothie is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants for a healthy way to start the day.
Image credit: sprouts.com
These smoothie has always been my latest must-try ginger smoothie. Sweet from the orange and carrot but with a fierce ginger kick, it’s a great smoothie recipe to kick start a healthy lifestyle
The good thing I like about turning this orange, ginger, and carrot into a smoothie or juice is that you can retain all the available fiber in it, as well as the nutrients from the skin and pulp.
My love of ginger smoothies is still ongoing and now I’ve also prepared this carrot and orange smoothie with ginger. I have to say that until now I didn’t normally put oranges in a smoothie as I find them a bit of a faff to peel but really a little bit of the white isn’t so vital when all the smoothie is blended together.
How to make this wonderful smoothie
Orange Carrot Ginger Smoothie
- 2 organic carrots, not peeled (You can peel, if it’s not organic)
- 2 organic oranges, peeled
- 2 inch slice of fresh ginger
- 1 cup of water (can include coconut water if desired)
- 1-2 pitted dates (optional for added sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric & 1 teaspoon ground pepper (optional)
- Add all the ingredient in a high-speed blender, and blend it until it becomes smooth.
- Pour it in a glass and drink.
- you can have a nutritious drink like this orange carrot ginger smoothie in your belly before any meal.
You can also include coconut water for some increased hydration if you’ve just done a big workout. And due to the fact that these naturally occurring sugar from the orange carrot ginger smoothie, I like eating a little bit of fat meal with it to slow down the absorption. That will also help with putting your turmeric to work too. I usually do celery with nut butter to get some healthy fat in with my fruit smoothie.